The SMK Kuala Ketil E-Smart Learning Project is a Social Service project helmed by the Multimedia Development Corporation (MDC) and the Ministry of Energy, Communications and Multimedia Malaysia (MECM) and supported by the Ministry of Education (MOE) and the school’s Parents/Teachers’Association. The project also receives the support of Telekom Malaysia, Tenaga Nasional, Maxis, Celcom, Telekom SmartSchool, MyETutor.com, Startag and Spyder Technologies.
Objectives of the Project
- To help fulfill the objectives of the country’s National Education Philosophy, the MSC and Vision 2020.
- To serve as a catalyst to expedite the implementation of the Smart Electronic Education Program under the MOE and in line with the development of the MSC Smart School Flagship Application.
- To contribute towards the implementation of smart education in the northern zone as part of the expansion program for the MSC area.
- To fulfill the future demand for skilled workers by ensuring that the students and the community in Kulim-Kuala Ketil are prepared for the many changes and challenges taking place within the area with the expansion of the MSC project to the northern zone.
- To expand the E-Smart Education project as one of the efforts toward the advancement of education and to develop SMK Kuala Ketil as a model for schools in the surrounding area.
- To promote ICT among the local community.
- To promote the MDC School Adoption initiative under the E-Smart Education Project.
- To provide opportunity for the private sector and companies to fulfill their social obligations and responsibility through corporate contributions to the project.
The SMK Kuala Ketil E-Smart Learning Project was launched by Datuk Dr Halim Shafie, Secretary General of MECM on 14th July 2002.